Saturday, March 30, 2013

Shaving Cream & Food Color Easter Eggs

I saw something on Pinterest that showed being able to color eggs with Shaving Cream & food color. I thought it looked fun so I let the girls give it a whirl.  It was a little messy (not horrible), the girls hands are slightly stained (a good majority of the color came off in a bubble bath) and I'm quite sure we ruined a couple of tops BUT the girls had a blast & the eggs turned out pretty darn cool!  Success I say!
 
(We did buy gloves to use, but the ended up being to big for the girls so we just went for it)
 
Shaving cream & drops of food coloring (I used WAAAAY too much shaving cream)
Swirl together
Roll the eggs
Right after this picture Aliya leaned over her mixture...
Stained belly
Let sit for a couple hours & then rinse
Some turned out better then others but overall the marbling effect was really cool & the color is vibrant (more so then the pictures project).






6 comments:

A Randomlicious Blog for the Soul said...

Lol you really did use a lot of shaving cream huh?! :) They turned out great and it looks so fun for the girls!

Connie said...

What a mess!!

I feel like I need a bath now.

Krystal said...

Wow!! That looks like loads of fun!! I wanna try that for myself...looks better than popping bubble wrap! LOL

MiMi said...

I tried to talk C.J. into doing this with the boys but he wussed out.

Amy said...

Stained glass eggs! What a fun way to decorate, and they are gorgeous! I am going to have to try this next year... if I can remember. You are such a fun mom!

Unknown Mami said...

The process looks hilarious and the results are great.